Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UK ADSL

Status
Not open for further replies.

SQLScholar

Programmer
Aug 21, 2002
GB
Hey all,

Got a small issue.

I want to sort out some kind of backup internet access for some of our sites. Most cant get anything other then ADSL.

ISDN is the only option i currently can think of. Elsewise the only other thing that may be possible is getting 2 ADSLs attached to 2 separate exchanges (if close enough). I know this is possible as i used to work for an ISP that use to do this.

Does anyone know of any ISP`s that do this service (uk based)?

Many thanks

Dan

----------------------------------------
There are 2 types of computer, the prototype and the obsolete!!
No D, just plank - and its not my fault

Are you talking about ADSL bonding, i.e. bonding 2x2MB ADSL pipes in 1x4MB pipe? I know of Nildram, KeConnect, Hi Velocity, Xifos, Entanet.

I wouldnt really class line bonding as a backup - as they would both go to same exchange (exchange fault would cause both to fall over).

What i am more interested in is our site being connected by 2 different ADSL`s, to 2 different ISP`s and to 2 different exchanges.

Dan

There are 2 types of computer, the prototype and the obsolete!!
No D, just plank - and its not my fault

I'm not sure to be honest. I'd probably be inclined to post on the forums at adslguide.org.uk and ask the same question there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back