Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

uimport

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaddett

Technical User
Jun 27, 2003
GB
Hi

Can i use uimport to create multiple users approximatly 1200 users to be exact or is there a better way of doing it in netware 6.0 sp2

Thanks in Advance

Kaddett

Uimport does not work in NW6 (or at least not very well)

LDAP is the new way to do such things. If you look at Novell's documentation, there are good examples there.

Chris.

Thanks

But i have just used uimport to create 1400 users all i needed was to have username and password details as these are secondory school users and uimport work great for that.

Thanks in Advance

Kaddett

Did you get uimport to work on NW6. I need to add 1000 users, in the past uiport worked great with NW5. I need to create new users password, groups belong to, home directories and disk space limits. will my previous years control files still work? and where do I get the uimport files, NW6 does not have them.

Cory

I did get uimport to work but have not done as much as you all i did was creat user and home directories .

my previous ctl files did work and i got uimport off a netware 5.0 server.

Also any chance i could look at your control file and a sample dat file as what u want to do is something that appeals to me for future use.

There are limitations with what uimport can do in netware 6 though

Thanks in Advance

Kaddett

I haven't used uimport on Netware 6 but there are some good applications on Novells Coolsolutions website for importing from a Comma Delimted source file. You can also use the comma delimited source handler for ICE on Netware 6. That is how I import student accounts. It works great. I have a folder created on the server with the master replica that contains the control file and an ncf file I created with the ICE commands. I can copy the source data file into the folder run the NCF and that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back