Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ufsrestore 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

r8941154

Technical User
Feb 16, 2004
US
Hi Folks I am new to Solaris Unix world. I would like to know command syntex to use ufsrestore command to restore multiple mount points (savesets) without entering volume # and set owner privilleges (y/n) for each saveset.
Here is the backup script:
ufsdump 0cuf /dev/rmt/2cbn /data1
ufsdump 0cuf /dev/rmt/2cbn /data2 and so on

Here is the restore commands used:
mt -f /dev/rmt/2cbn rew
cd /data1
ufsrestore 0cuf /dev/rmt/2cbn . { prompts for volume#}
mt -f /dev/rmt/2cbn rew
mt -f /dev/rmt/2cbn fsf 1
cd /data2
ufsrestore 0cuf /dev/rmt/2cbn .
Note: i tried to use options file to read volume# and Y for set ownership privilleges, but no luck.
Thanks

Once you're in the destination directory, and position the tape, do the following:

ufsrestore rbvy /dev/rmt/2cbn

Chandu.

Have you tried using an 'infile' (I think that's what it's called), similar to:

ufsrestore 0cuf /dev/rmt/2cbn . <<!
y
y
!

which should pass the parameters betwen <<! and ! to the routine. HTH.

>> Have you tried using an 'infile' (I think that's what it's called), similar to:

we call it "HERE Script"!? afaik this is no German name, I read it in some English Training Docs...

Regards
-- Franz
Sorry I'm not a native spaeker, I'm from Munich, Germany - &quot;Home of the Whopper&quot;, oh no, &quot;Home of the Oktoberfest&quot; ;-)
Solaris System Manager; I used to work for Sun Microsystems Support (EMEA) for 5 years

Franz, you're quite correct. Not sure where infile came from, but I guess it's just my interpretation of the technique being the equivalent of an 'input file'. Well, that's my theory anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back