Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UCP600 Emergency Calls

Daniel_RO

Technical User
Sep 29, 2020
AU
Hey Guys,

Have had a customer request a change from 0000 (0 for trunk then 000) to be changed so they only need to dial 000 in case of emergency. (000 being for emergency calls in Australia)

I have added 000 to the Emergency Code Table in PGM226, I have attempted to do Digit Conversion in PGM133, even tried PGM140 Index 32 PBX Code Insertion, but couldnt find where to enter what digit is inserted.

Anyone got any bright ideas on this one? its basic training, normally I bypass having to do it by telling customer to add another 0, but this is an aged care facility with phones in rooms, and the old folks dont like having to press the extra 0.

I see a problem with that in dialing 0 then 00 with an 0 added by the system you then bar access to ISD (001x). As soon as you dial 0 then 00 the pbx will add 0 unless you specifically assign another digit/s for ISD or not allow ISD.

Hello Wagtech, thanks for your reply.
I haven't tried this but cant see why a leading number of 000 couldn't have an additional 0 added in PGM 222?
What do you mean by ISD?

International Subscriber Dialing, Australia has 0011 or 0014 for international outgoing calls followed by country code + area code + phone number (not that anyone would pay to use it if they use chat programs now days!).

OK, 0011 and 0014 could be added in the leading digit table and passed through without adding any digits. That should work OK.

Would the leading digit table cause issue with the outgoing CO digit 0 if the system also looks for 000? Daniel_RO if you try this would be good to know how you go.

I managed to figure it out for anyone that was interested.

PGM 270, Table 1

Apply time was unconditional
Dialed Digit was 000
Changed Digit was 0000
Apply Option was Station

PGM 111

Under Tone / Ring Attributes, Index 9
Apply Table 1 to extensions required.

Doing this means that anytime anyone dials 000, the system will actually dial 0000.

For those of you who went with the international dialling issues, this isnt a problem if you use PGM224 and in all of your deny tables have 0011, 0014, 019 in the first 3 entries. COS1 will allow everything, and if you need people to do international calling, you setup a System Authorisation Code in 227, and use the Trans 23 on MLT/IP Phones, or 569 on SLT/UCS, then your auth code to turn on Walking COS.

Thanks for the info, greatly appreciated.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back