Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UCM Module was working and now no longer working 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyBond007

Programmer
Nov 17, 2009
GB
Hi
UCM is running 9.1 sp1 and was working fine, was trying to get onexmobile working and changed the xmpp setting and it saves then it asks you to restart the service, which I done. The service wouldn't start so after 10 minutes I clicked the reboot tab on the web page. The UCM in SSA then showed everything running but the ipaddress is 0.0.0.0 and I'm unable to browse to it. I've shut it down using the the button on the front and then done a hard reset, I've done shutdown using SSA and restart and the same thing happens. after the power down I did notice in SSA I did show the correct ip address whilst booting 192.168.1.201 then changed to 0.0.0.0.
Any help would be grand

Thanks

Hi
on the web page where all the services are shown, I stopped the service the restarted it, it then wouldn't reload and kept timing out, so I tried browsing with no joy so I thought give the reboot option a try.

I've got remote access on SSA and I've left it running for over an hour and still no joy. still giving me an ip address of 0.0.0.0

No ip address is a reimage. You should get 169.254.0.2 (r8) or the ip address of lan 1 r(9+) at default in manager/sys status (check both).
If this is a ucmv2 you should see more info in sys status as well.
Make sure vm on ucm is selected with R9+.
***use unetbootin for all usb creation except R9.1 (use Rufus)
The knowledgebase now says all usb sticks should be created with Rufus, but i've had it confirmed it's supposed to be 9.1 only for Rufus.

Dyslexics Untie!

Morning

It's a UCM v1 on 9.1 sp1, I originally re imaged it using unetbootin and in the tech bulletin it states to use unetbootin?
I've tried it in a different slot with no joy and I'm now already going through the re image process and waiting to see the outcome.
What is the impact of not using Rufus?
Thankyou

Avaya have designed it to be done a certain way. I follow the book so i can say i did it by the book if i need to escalate. Saves time.
let's see...Reimage could fail. You could end up with an Ip address 0.0.0.0?
You could ask about impact if it was working normally.
No sarcasm meant but it may come across that way over the internet.☺

Dyslexics Untie!

re image was successful but the outcome seems to have failed for a moment in ssa it showed an ip address of 192.168.1.200 but then reverted back to 0.0.0.0. so looks like its fubar and i'll have to get a replacement.
thanks

Scrap that, the spunky little bugger has come up. get in there you badger, I'm a little excited!!

When I got that, on my system running 9.1.1.xxx, in the Manager / System / Voicemail, I had to enter as the address of the ip office's voicemail pro whatever the UCM was.

Checking in my current configuration, as it stands right now, which works, I have my ip address 192.168.1.205 (based on the ip address which is set for my LAN at 192.168.1.1)

Give it a whirl, and see what it does (if you can).

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back