Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UCM C110 Voicemail Service Stops

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonmorrison

Programmer
Aug 31, 2004
US
Has anyone seen this issue yet? I now have it on 2 IP Office systems. Both brand new installs IP500 V2 running R8.1.43 with the same maintenance releace of UCM upgrade. At random times, about every day though, the users start getting a busy signal when accessing voicemail. I log into the C110 and sure enough the service is stopped. I restart it and it runs great for another day. Things in common between these, they are the same release software, they are both using 9508 digital phones and they both have an IP500 DIG16 module attached to expansion port 1. The other strange thing happening at both sites, random 9508 phones go to a Please Wait screen. You unplug the phone and plug it back in and it comes back up. All 9508 phones DID successfully upgrade firmware. I did batches of 5 at a time and allowed them to completely upgrade before plugging in more phones. Each batch took about 20 minutes.

JASON MORRISON
THINK CONVERGED
ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

This sounds more like an IP500V2 problem to me.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I had the same problem and I found that the UC 110 was at the worng release of software. I upgraded the IP Office to 8.1.52 and then upgraded the UC110 to 8.1.90-6. Once this was done I have not had the voicemail stop on the UC 110

tlpeter: that is what I thought too, but after 2 having the same issue I wasn't sure.
etel: I will try this tonight and see what happens.
I'll update this post with an answer.
Thanks to you both.

JASON MORRISON
THINK CONVERGED
ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

The latest 8.0 has this fix so it is possible that this is also fixed in the latest 8.1

IPOFFICE-27828 VMPRO 8.0.8.29 on Application server VMPRO service stopping

BAZINGA!

I have had a similar problem with VMPro service stopping. Through my troubleshooting, i found that it appeared to be link to the receptionist when she was logged into the softconsole??? Strange... If the reception user was not logged in to the softconsole, she could access the VM and listen, record etc. However, when i logged the user in to the softconsole (V4.3.30) and tried to access the VM, it would stop working. Advised customer not to use VM while logged into SoftConsole, but that is only a temp solution.

Curious if anyone else had noticed something like this?

IPO: 8.1.43
UCMod: 8.1.80
Phone: 9611

UPDATE: So far so good. After the update to R8.1.52 the voicemail is still running (Approx 36 hours later). I think that did it. I haven't heard of the 9508 phones saying "Please Wait" either, so fingers crossed...

JASON MORRISON
THINK CONVERGED
ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

Jason, with the upgrade the 9508 phones should upgrade too as there is a new version for them.
My experience is that not all phones will upgrade at the same time and a reboot is required to get the other phones upgraded too.

BAZINGA!

tlpeter, yes I saw that they upgraded too. I'm saying after the upgrade the "Please Wait" at random times on the phones seems to have gone away as well. All good news...

JASON MORRISON
THINK CONVERGED
ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back