Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UCM 9.0.4.10 user auth error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

teletechman

Technical User
Aug 27, 2008
US
I have rebuilt this unit twice now after talking to TS but we are still having the same issue. After upgrading from 9.0.2 to 9.0.4 I cannot log in with any user, I keep getting an authentication error. I know that the users that I am testing with are good and I know their passwords. Has anyone worked with the new release of the UCM and been able to log in with anything other than the Administrator logon?
Mike

Install or upgrade?
When you installed it than you will need to do the ignition.
Then you will set the new passwords and you can login.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

The is a reinstall, I reloaded the UCM from a USB stick and installed the software to the UCM. I have done the ignition so I have access to the UCM via the Admin page but the user page will not allow me to log in. It allows me to enter the info but comes back with "Authentication Failed. Please enter valid user name and password. If problem persists, please contact your system administrator". I know the user is good and the password is valid, I have even re-entered the password in the IPO to make sure. The user that I am testing with was working before the upgrade and for one log in after but now all users get the same error. The good thing is that this is our demo unit and I can play with it. I am just not sure where to look next.
Mike

The UCM has no user login so i think you are trying to login to One-X Portal
You have to set that up first from the admin page.
When you have done that you have to restart the One-X service and wait till it is booted again.
This can take up to 20 minutes.

BAZINGA!

Sorry yes the One-X portal. I have set this up and rebooted waited 30 minutes and entered the info same response. Does the One-X portal have logs that we can view and find what is the issue?
Mike

Very confusing to know what you mean by "user page" - what user page, what URL does it have? do you mean one-X Portal? web management? what?

Why did you reinstall rather than upgrade?

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

On the 9.0.4 you need to reinstall it because it does a centos upgrade as well, TS told me to do this to make sure it would work.
Mike

Login to the admin page and check if all providers are green.

BAZINGA!

and what the f*** do you mean by user page?

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

:8080/onexportal.html I responded to tlpeter in the thread. I can login to the admin page but not the user page.

Yes they are all green, it seems to me that there are more than before. I have 2 CSTA providers (1-169.254.0.1 and 1-master), 3 DMCL providers (1-169.25.0.1, 1-LDAP and 1- master) and 1 voicemail.
Mike

When you configured one-x portal did you enable one-x for at least one user?

BAZINGA!

not sure what you mean, do you mean in the IPO with the power user?

I have just looked at the admin manual for the One-X portal again and tried to remove the password from the user and put in the ext for the password on the One-X portal login. This didn't work either.

when you configured the One-x Portal on the UCM what IP Address did you specify for the IPO?

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

169.254.0.1 as the installation instructions states. I have tried the LAN address we used during ignition, but that did nothing also.

169.254.x.x is a non routable IP address...

You need to do the ignition again, and specify a NEW IP address on your subnet to make it work.

I should say that the IP address is set for access to 10.10.2.40, but the CSTA and DSML provider ip addresses are set to 169.254.0.1 as per the manual.
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back