Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UCD group forwarding to external numbers (external voicemail)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pguerrero

IS-IT--Management
Apr 6, 2004
US
Out standard VM (AD-8) died so I figured I could simply call forward the members in the VM UCD group to external numbers for cloud VM handling.

VM pilot 3090 (UCD Group)
members 3291-98
call forwarded (CM E600) each member to the desired number

If I call (or forward another extension to) the member extensions the forwarding works but if I call the pilot it rings forever

You might try making 3090 busy.

E50>3090>0 <exe>

(I assume the PBX is an NEC2000 of some sort?)

Just forward the pilot number. It will never reach the members.

Thanks all,

PBX is NEAX2000IVS

belevedere: I tried that at at first but wouldn't that tie up the circuit so that multiple outside calls to internal DIDs on DND get a busy signal or no answer?

PDF45: If I make busy wouldn't that just generate a busy signal? My intent is to have an outside VM anwser in place of the AD-8

Don't know how or why but now the pilot rings busy and one of the member is nowhere to be found (3291)
(Since this was happening, tried busy on/off to no avail)

If the pilot number is made busy then calls should hunt to the first available member of the hunt group. (I think.)

Forwarding the Pilot number is a simple way forward assuming your cloud VM can handle the calls all coming into the one number. A forwarding call does not make the number busy, it never gets busy because a call coming to that number is redirected by the forward. As for making the Pilot busy, this should also be a valid solution as the calls hit the busy number and the UCD programming takes over taking the call to one of the member extensions. In fact the Pilot should always be in make busy state, if it isn't you will get the symptoms you were getting where the first call into the group just rings out and it is only when you get two calls at the same time that the second call will hunt.

Well, I could't make it work with all the suggestions here. Went on Ebay and fortunately found a used card and all is good now.

I may still try to make this work since it'd be nice to have as a backup....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back