Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

uccx two agents one phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

DogBiscuits

Technical User
May 25, 2007
US
Is it possible for more than one agent to use the same phone in uccx?

Let's say you have first and second shift employees that use the same phone. Or a fill-in agent that logs-in while someone goes to lunch... etc

I don`t want to use extension mobility if I can avoid it.

Unless they use the same agent credentials extension mobility is the way to go. That's exactly what that feature is for.

OK, That is what I will do then.
It has just been a lot of change and I was hoping to keep things as simple as possible.
They came off an old Nortel Symposium express that was failing and dropping calls.
They freaked when I installed the desktop client :)

Don't need the desktop client if you don't need any of the features that come with it. You can dumb it down using the 1 button login service on the phone itself. Supervisors can still see the agents on their desktop but they lose anyt type of chat, database pop-ups and other features designed for the CAD.
Still will need EM to get one phone shared by multiple agents but you can eliminate all the "voodoo" technolology that comes with CAD and scares the old school agents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back