Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UCC Uplift licences

Status
Not open for further replies.

floppy1

Technical User
Aug 7, 2009
GB
Hi

3300 MXe 111 on MiVb 9

MiColab 9

I have had a poke around and found the below quote from KwbMitel in another post " Converting Licenses to UCC and adding MiCollab to a system '

I am a bit nervous as I need to move 10 x MiVb standard user licences from the MiVb ARID to the ULM but the licences are in use and I don't want to break anything. To aggravate the matter AMC warns that you have to do DBMS save and so on as the data base will blank on reboot !

It looks like KwbMitel has successfully been able to do this but I could do with a more of a detailed procedure.

So do I add my uplift licences to the ULM or to the MiCollab ARID ? I am guessing to the ULM

Do I do this before I move the MiVb standard licences to the ULM ? Do I then sync the MiVb to get them back onto the MiVb ?

Sorry for the many questions but I just want to be sure before I do it.

I have created the ULM from the MiVb and added the MiCollab to it but just need to know what order to do things can anyone assist it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Update:

It works.

You need to create the UCC manager using the MCD
You then need to add the other Arids
*** You must then sync the Micollab to "activate" the UCC manager
Then you can move your licenses from the MCD and upgrade them.

I am assuming that you created the ULM from the MIVB ARID and then added the micollab to the ULM
have you also shared the micollab in the network elements ?

I will assume that you have
if you are talking about uplifts of ip users i think from memory its something like the following

Example of converting 10 IP users that are currently not in use to 10 UCC entry or Standards
de-allocate 10 ip users them from mivb
sync MIVB
reassign them in AMC from MIVB to ULM
sync micollab - they should now display as UCC basics
apply conversion licenses to ULM (I cant remember if you can go direct from basic to standard or whether you have to go basic - entry-std)
sync micollab
try and apply bundles properly in micollab if you want the micollab license count to make any sense
sync mivb and they should re-appear as MDU

best to create a template ( first step is apply the bundle then apply the settings after and save it)
if you have templates for all bundle types and always use the template to create the users you should be able to keep the counts accurate

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Hi Billz66

Thank you

10 IP users are in use and allocated on the MIVB I am not sure this will work in this case ? What if I over allocate the MIVB licences by 10 temporarily ?

AMC can only help so far then it's down to raising with Mitel TS I suppose.

Mitel don't make it easy to do this and the documentation is so far not helping me.

it will add mdu and then use them as ip users
you will just need to add mdu groups for the users that you convert to change the license in the mivb

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Billz66

Thank you. I'll give it a go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back