Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UCC Speech Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

NitramTELEBOY

IS-IT--Management
Jul 27, 2005
US
Hello everyone,
I am looking for comments on these two products: UCC and Speech Access.
Has anyone installed it, how do you like it? Why did you install it?
Is this mostly for Outlook integration in reading calendar information?
How is it different from what modular messaging offers?

Any and all comment/input is welcomed!

Thanks!!

We turned up UCC SA this morning as part of a unified messaging trial. I have five offices, coast to coast, and was looking for a cost effective UM solution for executives in diffent areas without going to an Enterprise voicemail system. (Not comfortable with all the eggs in one basket)

The request started out as the ability for "execs" to call back someone who leaves a voicemail message without having to look up their number. UCC/SA does this as long as the caller is in the users contact list, enterprise global directory or their ANI is passed to UCC and your UCC dial plan is administered properly.

It is pretty neat stuff but for the price tag I'm not sure if we will ever support a business case especially with all of the other mobility tools at our disposal. i.e. Softphones, EC500, blackberry - looks like tremendous overkill -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back