Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UCA SIP Softphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiStefano

Technical User
Aug 18, 2003
AU
With a DSS/BLF key you can monitor an extension, does that work for a UCA sip softphone ?
It wouldn't I suspect since you need to configure an additional multicall key on the softphone for transfer/conf.
IE when the softphone is busy the second line is actually idle so a dss/blf won't show busy.
Anyway this be changed ?

Does the SIP protocol support DSS/BLF?

An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Anyone else and you need to throw it harder.

Should do LoopyLou.
If you remove the extra multicall, the dss/blf key works a treat.
But then transfer/conf does not work...

I think I've answered it myself, it works the same way for mitel deskphone, if you have a second multicall key of your prime number, then your extension will never show busy either on a dss/blf, SIP extensions works the same.
It's a limitation when you have SIP endpoints, since they require a multicall key for transfer/conf
Sorted

///Stefanovitch

You can get blf light on even if you have a second multicall for either a Mitel or SIP phones.
You need to change the 'System Option' - BLF - Busy Indication Based on Set Enabled to 'Yes' (default is 'No')

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back