Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UCA 3.0 no device available

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechInter

Technical User
Mar 7, 2003
CA
On 3300 MCD 4 10.0.1.23, UCA 3.0.19.0

I try to connect deskphone or softphone and I see popup after trying "initializing telephony service":

There are no devices available (desk phone: 2122 or softphone: on switch: 10.160.5.10). Would you like to work offline?

The HCI is activate in the COS
The Mitai is activate

The UC server is on the voice vlan, so if I test my UC client directly on the voice vlan, same thing

Any Idea ?

Thanks

Need more detail to help but some of the typical sticking points for others in the past were..

In the UCA, you need to define all the subnets that contain phones in the local networks tab.

You need to program the softphone in the 3300 and the UCA with the phone set to App Server.

You need to program the desk phone in the UCA and the 3300 with appropriate COS options.

You need the correct licenses.

You need the FQDN of the UCA in your local DNS or in the lmhosts file of your PC.

Thanks Loopylou for your help.

1- In the UCA, you need to define all the subnets that contain phones in the local networks tab.

Already done

2- You need to program the softphone in the 3300 and the UCA with the phone set to App Server.

Already done

3- You need to program the desk phone in the UCA and the 3300 with appropriate COS options.

I suppose that all is correct

4- You need the correct licenses.

Already done

5- You need the FQDN of the UCA in your local DNS or in the lmhosts file of your PC.

hummm, I don't use FQDN. To connect, I use the IP address. It's my problem ? But when I start UC client, authentication is done with UCA. Then when it tries to connect to the 3300, it does not ...

Could be. I have had issues when not using FQDN, but they were mainly with not showing presence when going off hook on the set.

ok, so once authenticated, your PC needs to connect to the 3300 to establish communication. Any issue with pinging the 3300 from your PC? I am thinking that something is not getting from your data VLAN to the voice where the 3300 is ( something the UCA server doesn't need ). Any chance you could directly connect your PC to the voice VLAN to test?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back