Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UC110 Module goes offline R8.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sys85

Vendor
Jul 12, 2012
US
We recently learned from one of our customers that the UC110 VM Module goes off line for no obvious reason. They stated that it was only about 3 or 4 times over the last 5 or 6 months, but they decided to share because they thought it might be a hardware or software issue. We investigated and found that this could happen if a broadcast message is sent out to 20 or more users. We explored with the customer and they stated that they are aware of the feature, but have not shared it with the users. They checked with a few that my try something on their own and that came back negative. My tech is checking to see the exact versions of the IPO R8.1 that is running on the system, but I thought I should share this matter with the IPO community to see if any of you have experienced this before and if so a possible resolution.

there tech tip about the write error: 258
In certain scenarios, the Solid State Drive (SSD) on the UCM reverts to "write protect" mode as early as a few weeks of use. An affected UCM can shut down the Preferred Edition Voicemail.

Modules affected by this issue can be identified within a serial number range of 13WZ31xxxxxx and 13WZ43xxxxxx.

ACSS SME

That tech tip is for very recently manufactured UCM's that have certain serial numbers. This unit has been in for over a year and the serial number is not in the range that this tech tip addresses. Thanks for the suggestion though.

if your UCM is outside that range (earlier) then it will be subject to PCN1920h & needs replacing.

your actual scenario. appears to be something different though & may be work escalation to Avaya through IPOSS
(I suspect they will initially advise upgrading to all the latest releases first though)

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

IPGuru, thanks for the suggestion. I will check that out. I believe that we already performed PCN1920H. This particular site was subject to the issues last year around January. We replaced three UC Modules and worked with Avaya Tier 4 until the resolution was found. To our knowledge we did not experience any other issues until we were advised of this issue this week. This customer unlike many SME customers does have a very competent onsite IT staff and have become fairly versed in the IPO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back