Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UC weirdness

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattRutter

Vendor
Feb 5, 2003
GB
I had to replace a UC module last week... It's a V1 module in an IP500V2 running 9.1.10...

The replacement module was at 8.1 when plugged in, so I prepared a USB key, and did a full re-install. This went perfectly, and I sat and twiddled my fingers for a couple of hours...

Ignition done, and ASA soon showed VM Pro as up and running, which I confirmed by dialling *17 on the nearest phone....

Then the weirdness began! I showed the customer how to record entry prompts direct from a phone through the VM Pro client... I could record and play back an entry prompt with no problem, but when I dialled the DDI pointing to the module I got silence... no prompt played!

Puzzled, we tested basic mailbox functionality, by dialling into a busy extension... We got the system default greeting, and left a message, but nothing was recorded, and SSA didn't show a new message in the mailbox...

Has anyone encountered such strangeness before? Should we just try a re-install to fix it, or is something amiss?

Matt

Check the voicemail password in security settings and VM pro client.

UC Weirdness...I say we start another forum with that title!!

The end is near!

The voicemail password did catch me out, and I got no service at all until it was corrected...

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back