Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UC module status shutting down 1

Zero6

Technical User
Oct 20, 2016
CW
Hi all,

I have a question a client moved from their old location to a new location and when they mounted the avaya ip office v2 back into the rack, it seem somehow the uc module is not working.
I logged into system status and I can see the ip of the module, 192.168.42.2, but with status shutting down.
It seems to reboot and shut down every time.
i tried to ping it and also move it to another slot thinking the slot might have issue, but it remained the same.
The pbx it self is working normally.

If uc module keeps rebooting and show shutting down, does this mean it is fully defective?

Thank you in advance

Possible something else is now using the 192.168.42.2 address (got in and took that address whilst the UCM was off). [If the IP Office is 192.168.42.1, then ...42.2 is down in the pool the IP Office itself can hand out to devices if working as a DHCP server - so always a risky address for something like the UCM that you really need to keep a fixed address).

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

@derfloh has the correct way

Also, it only works in slot 4

Rubbish, you can use any slot you like. There's only one card that has to go in slot-4, and that's the 4-port expansion card.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Hi All,

Sorry for the late reply and thank you for the suggestions.
I connected a monitor to the UC module and saw that the message error 16: inconsistent filesystem structure
I pressed on of the keys and got the options: centos, linux, uc module.
Tried them all but no success,
So the now i want to reinstall the software, but I need version 9.1.7 for the UC module.
Is it possible for someone to share the installation file so I can reinstall this and see if this helps, if it doesn't will begin process of getting a new UC card.
I had this software, but now I lost it.

Thank you in advance

Hi All

I manage to get my hands on version 11.0.
When doing the reinstallation I got the message:

"An error was encountered while activating your storage configuration. Could not commit to disk /dev/sda.

I saw in system status the installation reaching 5% and after a while it shut down.

So my think this UC module in done for.

Will have to buy a new one probably

I'm sure you know this, but the UC module must match the version of the phone system. Don't upgrade if it will be higher than the IPO since it won't work.

These UC modules are crappy at best and a simple reboot will commonly trash them. I would suggest taking out the NVMe card and copying over whatever files you need to retain from it. Then do a fresh install to whatever version you want and copy back files if you want to, unless you have a backup to use.

HOWEVER, the UC is not supported as of version 12, so why not use a little PC and install the application server on it and just eliminate the UC card altogether. I did this years ago at all of my clients since these would go down and refuse to come back up so frequently that they were less than useful.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back