Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UC Module showing 0.0.0.0 after upgrading to 9.1 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hall5942

Vendor
May 7, 2002
US
I upgraded a new UC Module from 9.0 to 9.1 using the USB drive. The update went as planned with no errors. After the update the UC module is showing 0.0.0.0 in both System Status and Manager. The system status shows the UC Module running on version 9.1.1.0 build 10 but 0.0.0.0 as the ip address

I logged into root directly connected to the module and looked at the ip settings (system-config-network). This is what it showed

eth0- (eth0) Intel Corp etc etc
This was blank
eth0.1 (eth0.1) - Ethernet
this has 192.168.42.200
eth0.3 (eth0.3) - Ethernet
this has 169.254.0.2
<New Device>

I changed eth0.1 to the address it should be (10.101.12.4) the IP office is 10.101.12.3. Saved and did a reboot. During the reboot I did a continuous ping to 10.101.12.4. After the Linux 6.4 progress bar is done I am able to ping it until the uc-module login screen shows up, then I lose the ability to ping.

Any Ideas????

Did you drop the files in the root level of the usb stick?
Use the bottom usb port.

RIP Errol Brown, Percy Sledge, Ben E King (2015)

I think you should have run the installation wizard using Office IP Address>:7070
After completing that then restore the backups if you have any.
I never backup One-X portal stuff as I have never successfully restored a One-X and manually reconfigure is done in minutes.

But Intrigrant isn't the ignition done after the uc comes up in sys status with the ip address of the control unit? He hasn't got that far- the eth port hasn't grabbed the ip address. I've seen the same problem.

OP, if Intrigrant's advice doesn't work and you reimaged correctly then the ucm may be toast.

Before the ingnition the IP Address shows as 0.0.0.0, after the ignition AND a IP Office reboot it will show the assigned IP Address.

Just go to the ignition address and see what appears. If it is ignition then you've installed the new software rather than upgraded to it. If the web control menus appear then use them to check and adjust the IP address settings.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

A upgrade from 9.0 to 9.1 is always a new install and not really a upgrade process.

'Reimage' is the word in English if it helps non native speakers.

Yes, I moved the files on the USB drive before the upgrade.

Prior the the upgrade I ignited the UC Module and changed the IP Address to 10.101.12.4. After the upgrade I tried to do the same 10.101.12.3:7070 (IP Office Address) but in ie a blank screen shows up and nothing happens. In Chrome a 7 byte file is download that tries to open in a media file. When I go to then the log in screen appears but the username is root and will not let me change it to "Administrator"

After upgrading your IPO (and then the UCM) i would try to reset the security settings.
then try login again with the new same credentials as for the IPO.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I should have known that, I had the same issue on a 9.1 install. Have only done one so far, we prefer to stay at 9.0.4 with UCM as we know that is stable (enough).

Hah, I should have spotted the 7070 vs 7071 bit. Yes, in 9.1 always use 7071. In theory you can use 7070 but I've seen that fail to work so many times. Even post ignition 7071 is a useful backdoor to get into the basic menus and find out why any of the services are not running (like the Web Management service that appears when you access 7070 - come on Avaya, who would design a web management interface that can be turned off on a product that is supposed to be managed by web browser!)

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

I was seeing this problem in the wild, Intrigrant's top tip resolved the issue.

You guys are doing great just to get the POS upgraded.
I've been through 3 different USB drives and two UCMs so far, and still no joy.
And two of the USBs are on the list provided by Avaya that reportedly work.
I've done several of these without a problem, but going from 9.0 to 9.1 has really been a bear.
The UCM just keeps booting from the SSD and bypassing the USB
Waiting for two more new USB drives to arrive.
Hopefully one will work!

-SD-

Hall, on the new 9.1 the :7070 port acts like the :7070 port on a VMPro Server version for upgrading. :7071 acts like the old 7070 port did in earlier versions.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back