Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UC Module reinstallation

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpctelcom

Vendor
Nov 11, 2004
US
Has anyone followed the instructions in the documentation, and been able to get the UC module to restore to system defaults?

I have an IP500 V2 R8.0.44, and installed the UC Module, and thought I had it working, eventhough I never got the users to come across. The other day, a power outage hit our area, and the UPS did not last as long as I expected. Now that it came back up, I cannot get the VMPro client to connnect, nor can I connect through the web manager (<ip address>:7070). The IPO System Status says it is "running," and sometimes after a restart it does show "boot failed," but another reboot causes it to come back as "running." I have installed the UC Module USB Initiator, and ran that on a formatted USB 2.0 thumb drive, and then put the c110-8.0.***.iso file into the <usb>\\C110iso\ folder (not the <usb>\\C110iso\image\ folder). And I did try them both, since the first did not work. With the USB plugged into the UCM, I press the top button to shutdown the system, and watch in System Status for it to say "shutdown." Then I press the top button again until the two orange lights (top two lights) turn off, at which time I release the button. I have watched this with a monitor, and either I get a "Missing Operating System" or comes up with option to choose between two operating systems (centos 2.6 or uc-module 3.0), and neither of those cause any operation that appears to be resetting the UCM.

Any help would be appreciated.

it happened a few times to me what i did was i shut down the card with system status and started back up sometimes you have to do it a few times

APSS
ACIS
ACSS

also make sure it gets the proper ip address in manager then you will know its back up

APSS
ACIS
ACSS

The iso needs to be in the folder C110ISO and not in images.

But i think you have a different problem.
Connect a monitor and see if it gives any errors when it is booting.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

No errors on boot up. Also, trying to see what the IP address on the UCM is through the CLI, but do not know which menu to go to. Have gotten into admin and configure menus, but not root.

try ifconfig or system-config-network to see the settings.

BAZINGA!

How do I get to the command line of the linux software to run ifconfig or system-config-network commands?

Ssh or with a keyboard and monitor straight on the ucm.

BAZINGA!

I have a monitor and keyboard connected, and all it comes up to is uc-module login: Am I missing a keystroke sequence during boot up that will cause it to allow these commands?

Also, when I tried the last time to reload the software with a USB device, it says "Missing Operating System.

You need to type login
Then you can enter root and your root password.

BAZINGA!

Okay. I was finally able to remember the root password, and found that the IP address for eth0.1 is 169.254.0.2/255.255.255.0, and eth0.3 is 169.254.0.2/255.255.0.0.

That is the IP address used for internal communication with the IPO (169.254.0.1)
After installing it did you go to ???
You need to do the ignition and only then you are ready.
You need to give it it's own IP address.

BAZINGA!

I have done all of that, and after working with support for several days, I have been able to RMA it, so will try to get the new one working.

Thanks for all replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back