Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UC Module Issues - Cannot Access 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsm600rr

IS-IT--Management
Nov 17, 2015
US
Oh the lovely UC Module.

The IP Address of the IPO is: 192.168.0.20

The IP Address of the UC Module is 192.168.0.21

I am not able to access the module thru:
Trying to connect Via Voicemail Pro i get the error: "Failed to create remoting interface"

Trying to SSH In Via PuTTY I get: "Network error: Connection timed out"

I cannot Ping 192.168.0.21

Yet - I can call in and get the normal Auto Attendant

System Status Shows its Running

Where to start?

1_bt21rp.png

2_uqhrtn.png

3_aifvro.png

Try to go to :7071 or try using address:7071 or 7070
One of these might open, also try firefox.
Mike

Time for a Keyboard mouse & monitor on the UCM I think.

I suspect its network settings may not be as expected

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

teletechman: Either way - I should be able to ping it, correct?

UCMs are a liability, best to leave it in place but migrate the VM over to an actual server, Linux or windows, both beat the UCM :)

Yes - but only if that's the address it is using. Look in Manager which reports the IP address of the UCM (SSA should be doing that also but apparently not from your screenshot).

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

amriddle01 - Oh i am aware. I have nightmares about them.

sizbut: Please see below:

11_yylydk.png

If that is where the IPO is looking - and it is working, it would have to be that IP Address, correct?

I can also point a DID to *17 and get voicemail

444_g2uapb.png

Actually I was thinking the "Units" listing in Manager.

The address on your Voicemail tab is wrong, very wrong - it should be "168.254.0.2" - which implies an incorrect installation.

Even if the UCM address is 192.168.0.21, there a lot more to an IP address - when the UCM ignition process was run the subnet mask and/or gateway address may have been set wrong so that address may think its on a totally different LAN.

Also puzzled by running the UCM on 9.0 SP1 software when the IP Office is on 9.0 GA and 9.0SP1 anything is old - though not likely to be the cause of the problem.

At this stage I would either a) be reinstalling from scratch or b) connecting a keyboard and monitor and changing the IP address settings through the Linux command line.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Have you tried checking with a keyboard and monitor yet as previously recommended?

Was the UCM correctly ignited? if not then you are almost certainly not going to be able to communicate with t via the network
check by browsing to the IP office on port 7070/7071 to see if you get the ignition screen

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

IPGuru: I/We were not the original installers, so I cannot say if it was correctly ignited (Nor am i familiar on how to check - all of our deployments are on dedicated servers)
I have not checked it with a keyboard/monitor yet. I actually found this issue when correcting another - Remotely.
Office IP Address>:7070 / :7071 brings up nothing.

I bet you have an Avaya 3526 switch and the IP Office is plugged in to port 1.
Set untag ALL on this switch port, not untag PVID only, which is how the script creates it. Then you'll see it.

this time you gave me a mountain

holdmusic34: Thank you for the suggestion. They, However have Cisco Switches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back