Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UC Express sever password is wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

taginflag

Technical User
Nov 3, 2010
US
Loaded Mitel UC express and and when entering the password for the sever it tells me it is wrong. Tried this on our inhouse system and it does the same thing using a different license and my laptop. I even deleted the login account for the 5000 and manually built it again to be sure the password was correct.

When connecting to a 5000/HX, I believe you will need the "Phone Password" (station password) & the "Server Password" (System OAI Level 2 password in sockets). Also, in 3.2 you need to enable "support UCX" (in Operations).

I have a similar problem. I set the Desktop OAI password about a year ago and I have forgotten it. Totally in a bind and trying every conceivable password I have used for the past 2 years. What a stupid move on my part. If anyone know's how to reset the Sockets > Desktop OAI password I would appreciate some feedback.

If your permission level allows you to see "Sockets", you have access to the password field. If there are pounds (####) in the field it does have a password programmed, and no pounds means there is no password. Right click in the field and you will get an edit password option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back