Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UBE Report produces different output on NT and AS/400

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 6, 2002
CA
We're currently running OneWorld XE SP15.1. We run reports on both our AS/400 Enterprise server (V4R5), and an NT2000 Application server - it's mostly been converted to a batch server at this point. We have one report in particular that produces output on the NT box that differs from what's produced on the AS/400. All other reports produce the same output regardless of where they run.

On the AS/400, this particular sales report looks perfect. When run on the NT box, it dumps zeros into the data where there should be blanks. For example along a header row, there should be no data - just blanks. On the NT box, it dumps zeros across the row - this doesn't look good on a sales report!

This is consistent between environments, and I've rebuilt this UBE multiple times on both server - yes, they are in sync!

Has anyone see this before? I'm stumped!

1. are the Blank fields really *BLANK(spaces) in as400? or it is NULL?
2. Check whether value for NULL has been replaced by zeros as a default setting at NT end

Well, since I've found the solution for this issue, I should post it - even if I feel like a dolt.
It looks like the AS/400 and the NT Server were at different Service Pack levels. In fact, the NT box had no SP installed at all - while the 400 was at SP15.1.

That's it! Nice and simple. And yes, I'm notorious for diving head first into issues when the solution lies right there on the surface...

Thanks for the feedback!
[ponytails]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back