Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

U-Line BRI with TN556D

Status
Not open for further replies.

sezwhat

Technical User
Jul 30, 2003
US
I purchased this board (a while back) and was told it supported both S/T and U interfaces. I can't find any docs on it and the folks at the Definity help line were less than helpful. I need to configure a U line with two station (not trunk) type b-Channels on it. Am I correct in that this board will do a U-Line and if so, how does the MDF breakout for this? Also, what station type do I assign? My switch is an R8 and the only option that looks like a possibility is WCBRI (world class BRI - not sure if this means generic BRI or something else). TIA, --SW

Hi
Here is the details on the card I think you have, also the pin out can be found here:

Hope this helps PBX

DEFINITY Enterprise Communications Server
System Description 555-233-200
Issue 3
December 2001
The TN2198 contains 12 ports that interface at the ISDN U reference point. For each port,
information communicates over two 64 Kbps bearer channels called B1 and B2, and over
a 16 Kbps channel called the demand channel, or D channel. The D channel is used for
signaling. Channels B1 and B2 can be circuit switched simultaneously. The D channel is
always packet switched. The TN2198 requires a packet control circuit pack. Each port
supports 1 telephone, such as 500 (rotary dial) and 2500 terminals (DTMF dial).
The D channel supports the LAPD protocol and is consistent with the CCITT Q.920
Recommendations for D channel signaling.
In a multiple terminal environment, the B channels are shared only on a per-call basis.
For example, if the B2 channel is used for data, then the use of B2 by 1 terminal excludes
the others from having access to it. When a device communicates over the D channel to
access B1 or B2, that channel is owned until the call is taken (no party on line). The D
channel is always shared among the terminals. The TN2198 interfaces with the TDM bus
and packet bus in the switch backplane and terminates with 12 ISDN basic access ports.
The TN2198 has a long range to 18,000 feet (5486 m) maximum from the system to the
NT1 device and uses standard protocol ANSI T1.601. The TN2198 has a 160 Kbps line
rate, consisting of 2 bearer channels at 64 Kbps channels each, the D channel at 16
Kbps, framing at 12 Kbps, and maintenance at 4 Kbps. The circuit pack uses demand
channel (ringing, tone, and so forth), 16 Kbps channel, and supports up to 24 telephones
or data modules per circuit pack.
The TN2198 is not offered as a BRI Tie Trunk.

PIN OUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back