Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Typing in Korean

Status
Not open for further replies.

centraweb

Technical User
May 14, 2003
CA
I am trying to help a client convert to a 100% digital PDF workflow.

I've been having problems trying typing with korean characters on the following OS: Windows98 korean, Windows 2000/XP English; using InDesign 2.0.2.
The Characters type out as Roman characters.

Has anyone been succesful in creating Korean language InDesign files, then turning them to Press ready PDFs?

Any input is greatly appreciated,

JP

Adobe has released some updates to 2.0.2 in the past week without any fanfare. They might apply.

Do the characters type out okay in other apps or is this only a problem with InDesign?

- - picklefish - -

I forgot to mention that.

I can type from Pagemaker, but not produce a PDF (fonts would'nt embed).
I can type and produce a PDF from Microsoft word!

First of all, maker sure your InDesign is up-to-date...
The English version of InDesign should handle Korean perfectly, make sure you apply Korean font to textframe before typing or placing text.
I don't know much about Korean, but some Chinese users either swith to the Japanese version of InDesign or install the extracted CJK support file (CJK = Chinese Japanese Korean) for more East Asian language layout options. InDesign embeds East Asian languages perfectly into PDF :)

Thanks for the Replies.
I am running InDesign 2.0.2.
Where do I find the CJK support files?

Cheers,

JP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back