Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Typing faster than words appear on screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clerz

Technical User
Oct 4, 2007
US
odd question but figured ask anyways.

sometimes, I am typing furiously and am typing just a fraction faster than words appear on screen, and it slows me down.

Is there a way to match the speed of typing to appearance on screen? just like the speed of the mouse can be adjusted??

Thanks.

Clerz

...this likely boils down to the speed of your hardware in combination with possible memory intensive background tasks going on...

...what machine spec do you have?

Andrew

Hi, running winxp, 2gig ram

ID CS3.

now as I type this message, it's seems just fine but in programs (no always) I note slowness (I did go to msconfig to uncheck any programs running in the background)...but not much change noted....

Thanks.

C.

Sounds like your screen refresh isn't fast enough to match your lightening fast typing skillz. That's something to be proud of my friend. But you should perhaps look into changing the display performance to typical for when you're typing.

View>Display Performance.

What's the skinny with your graphix card?

Yeh I'm making spelling errorz on purpoze.

eye liked the funi-ness of your spellingz cince ure typing so fastz!

I'll check the refresh thingy.

Good thinking.

C.

Your screen refresh is dependent on the video card and the amount of vram on that card. If possible, you might consider adding a better video card, with more vram, to your machine.

The above will also allow you to use a higher display setting in ID if you prefer it.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

Hi

I have this problem in Microsoft Word a lot and it can be very annoying when I start to retype the letter thinking that it isn't going to appear.

I have a 3ghz Dual Core processor, 2gig of ram and an Nvidia 7800 GTX with 256 mg of ram on the card.

For the life of me I can't figure out why Word can't keep up.

Mike

One word for you

Microsoft

Only kidding. Perhaps you should look under

Start>My Computer (Right Click)> Propreties>Advanced>Performance Settings>Advanced>Virtual Memory Change

And use a system managed paging file.

Sorry for the mouthful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back