Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Typing AX on Opt11 won't get me to mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredtheFoneGuy

Technical User
Jan 12, 2004
US
Hi,
I have had an issue with my VT for a while now and was hoping for some help. I can log into my Opt 11 no problem, but when I type AX to reach Meridian Mail, the screen goes blank. I access mail, just have no visual response. It used to work with a modem tty, but has now migrated to it too. Please Help! I can't afford ETAS!!! :)

Hi,

When you get the black screen type CTRL-R to refresh the screen

Marc D.

No go on the CTRL-R. Anything else? CTRL-] still backs me out of mail, and AX definitely gets us there. After I type AX I hit print screen and the mail menu prints out. I just can't see it! Crazy stuff.....

call your vendor or any vendor

Pat Guido
NEXTIRAONE
Pat.guido@nextiraone.com

Formerly Nextira, formerly Williams Communications, formerly Wiltel, formerly Nortel networks, formerly Northern Telecom, formerly, Nynex meridian systems formerly Northern Telecom.

WELL IF YOU HIT PRINT SCREEN HOW DO YOU IKNOW THAT IT PRINTS OUT, IF YOU CAN'T SEE IT. OR IS IT GARBAGE ON THE SCREEN

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

Arch - I have rebooted. I also tryed changing ports on the Mail card, changing out VT's, changing and rebuilding TTY's, swapping cables for TTY's, courtesy down mail, INI PBX, and Reboot PBX. Maybe I should reseat card?

Perry - When I hit Print Screen the printer prints out the mail menu, telling me that physically I am at the menu, but the terminal stays blank. I also get an AUX08 code, saying I am connected via TTY 8 - Mail.

Perhaps you have more than 2 devices using virtual terminals. The default is 9, so what happens if you try "AX 8" ? (or any number from 1 thru 10).

Have you tried using a PC with VT100 or better terminal emulation istead of the dumb terminal. Probably not going to help...but give it a try. If it does not help, then once you believe you are at the main screen hit CTRL and W at the same time. A window should appear. Even if it doesn't, enter the letters if. Do not hit enter. See if this repaints the screen. What baffles me is that when you hit print screen, it prints what should be in front of your eyes, which mean the Meridian Mail has sent the info. Lastly, I would try applyng reverse video on my dumb terminal or terminal emulator.

Other than that, I think it may be time to call a local vendor...unless someone else out there has some other advise.

what release of mail and switch and are there any error msgs on pbx screen

Pat Guido
NEXTIRAONE
Pat.guido@nextiraone.com

Formerly Nextira, formerly Williams Communications, formerly Wiltel, formerly Nortel networks, formerly Northern Telecom, formerly, Nynex meridian systems formerly Northern Telecom.

First of all a big Thank You to all who have responded.

Superior - Just tried "AX -space- 1-10" and "AX1-10" When I type a space between AX and the number it immediately attempts to switch to mail. I never get to type in the number. With no space I get an error code saying I have typed in garbage. You say I may have more than two devices using virtual terminals, is there any way to stat these? I know to stat my TTY's in LD 37, and to stat my AML/VAS in 48. Or is there a way to clear them out? I have two CDR devices, one modem, and a VT terminal, but these are all physical TTY's.

Arch - Tried Ctrl-W, no luck. I have used the PC with VT100 and that used to work. (That was the one we used to remotely access pbx.) Problem originated with terminal, but has now migrated to our other TTY's, (PC w/ modem). I just pulled the Mail cards and reseated/rebooted. I can access again through my remote PC modem line, but still no joy on my VT terminal. We have scheduled an upgrade to occur at the end of Feb in which we will go to OTM. Do you think this issue will affect OTM when we get it?

go into setup (f3) on your terminal. under terminal type check what your emulation and terminal id to host is set to. check your display settings also, and your bit settings.

do you have a miran card as that uses the ax for access

what release of mail and switch and are there any error msgs on pbx screen ...again

Pat Guido
NEXTIRAONE
Pat.guido@nextiraone.com

luv2ski - no error msgs on screen, pbx rls 23.35, still looking for mail release

I think my baby is prior to that. I have newer Opt11's with the admin and tools levels, but this one doesn't ask for a user id, just the password. Is there a way around it? Right now I am scurrying through paperwork trying to find the keycodes or the original install tape...

YOU COULD BE RUNNING UP TO REL 12 USER ID DIDN'T START TILL 13

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back