Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Type Tool Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cap2010

Programmer
Mar 29, 2000
CA
hi

i was just typing on a layer using type tool and
in type want to go on second line and it does not go to next
line intead all typed text remains on same line

how do i bring the text on next line

lad

OK, I had this problem before, "PS6?", can't remember what it was but I will have a think and get back to you. I do remember it being something really simple though, one of those "DOH!" moments. roda B-)

Learning is like rowing against the current. As soon as you stop, you start going backwards.

The problem was when you hit enter (return) the cursor goes back to the beggining of the same line, line one.

ALad, sorry I havent got back, I've kinda been waiting for it to happen again and it won't, not even on purpose, and I can't remember how I fixed it. roda B-)

Learning is like rowing against the current. As soon as you stop, you start going backwards.

I tried to re-create the problem and could seem to make it do what your saying. The cursur dropped to the next line every time I hit enter/return.

hi,

Found the answer, its this way.

In type tool - there's an option called leading
enter number 12 or 24 or more than type the letters
it works.

Any new suggestion welcomed.

Thanks,

Lad

I'm not sure just what you're after...
But I have had similar problems.
Type your first line.

Select type tool again, and click anywhere
Type the next line
This should produce a new text layer.

You can then use the move tool to adjust the positions of the layers.
Let me know if this doesn't help:
jasmime@orbix.co.uk

Alad are quit right.
Select all the text in the “Type Tool” window and change the “Leading” value.

The Leading value is the distance between the baselines, based on the units you have defined in this window.

This function eases justifying your multiline text a lot.

Kbbj (-:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back