Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Type break and type wrap problem. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiowD

Technical User
Feb 11, 2008
US
I have 2 issues:

1. I have one type box that breaks words before the end of the box even though the words are short enough to fit the line. The right indent is set to zero. Is this a glitch?

2. If I set an object to wrap around the type, and decide to place another type on top of the object. The top type still wraps. Is there a way to make the top type not be effected by the object set to wrap? I tried separate layers, but no luck.

I've never experienced that type thing. Perhaps a screen shot with all the guides and invisibles turned on would help.

With the text wrap. When you set an object to wrap, select the object you don't want to wrap and go into the options for that object and Ignore Wrap.

On a text frame you would go to Object>Text Frame Options and Ignore Text Wrap is a check box at the bottom.

Do you by any chance have Balance Ragged Lines turned on, from the Fly menu on the Paragraph Panel?

Wow, thanks Eugene. That was it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back