Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Type Ahead - Ambiguous Name - List Certificates not Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorKonig

Technical User
Sep 19, 2002
US
Round of beer if anybody can help me fix this one:

Got a Notes user with the first name "Cy"

Type ahead in the notes client, Cy(,) brings up ambiguous name box. Instead of listing users it lists certificates:

"CyberTrust JAPAN Root CA/CyberTrust Japan, Inc./JP"

This listing isn't in the nab under mail users view, it is in the certificates view. Even after deleting the certificates, the certificate still shows up when using Type Ahead on Cy.

Any ideas? Thanks for the help.

the cert's are listed both in the personal addressbook as in the public addressbook on the server.
Woonjas
IRC: #notes on EFNet

Are you using Directory Catalogs for your lookups? If you are, type the last name and one or two letters of the first name and his enter (or type as much as will make the lookup unique in your organization) and you should get the result you are looking for. To troubleshoot this further, I would try to see where the lookup is being done. I would switch to some Local location so that the lookups won't look to the server, just to the local machine, and see if you get the same result. Let me know what happens when you do that.

Hello Cyberick, that was a good idea. I opened a local replica copy of my mail, disconnected from the server and sure enough there was that certificate again!

I can't find certificates in my PNAB, if they do exist there. I'm just going to poke around a bit and see if I can find 'em, if in fact that's where they are. (Perhaps?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back