Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Type 31 MB timing issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kzrider

Technical User
Aug 29, 2006
US
I have an Octel 250 system in wich I have built a type 31 MB. My problem is that after the initial greeting is played stating what each menu option is, I have only about 10 seconds before an intercept plays stating "Sorry you are having problems....." then diconnects.I would like to extend this time to approximately 20 seconds. Is this possible? Thanks in advance.

Martin

Did you record a greeting or a custom help prompt?

If you record the greeting and then record a custom help prompt saying the same thing then it will play the greeting and then the help prompt.

If you have just a greeting then it should play the greeting 2 times before it drops as you must not have a attn for this box.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

I have just the main greeting and have deleted the old/un-needed custom help prompt. I do not have an Att. but the main greeting only plays the one time. I thought about deleting all programming for this menu and starting from scratch hoping this would help. What do you think?

Thanks Ken

I would just add the customized help prompt and repeat the main greeting.

There is not a way to change the timing on how long she waits until they press a key. You could also setup a type 34 and set it to go to the type 31 mailbox, then add the type 34 into the after hours mailbox field in the type 31.

This way if they do not hit a key it will send them back to the same mailbox (type 31) again.

Ken Means

Thanks Ken,
I tried one other thing and that is to wait 10 additional seconds after recording the greeting thinking this would give me the time I needed but it appears that the Octel has what I guess would be called "Silence compression" that eliminates "dead air". Is this assumption correct and if so is there a way to turn this feature off? Just wondering if this is the case, I don't plan on turning this off as I guess it would affect user messages as well and eat up disk space. Thanks again, and I will try the custom help first.

Martin Smith

Yes it uses compression and it can't be turned off

Ken Means

I tried your solution and all is well. Thanks again Ken.

Happy new year!

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back