Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

tying multiple nortel systems together

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmacejr

Programmer
Oct 12, 2004
US
i am looking at doing a project, the customer has eleven sites scattered throughout the southeast,all with nortel systems the main site has a option 11 and all the other sites have mics's 1 or 2 have cics's which i can upgrade to mics i need to tie them all together and also be able to have centralized voice mail , be able to call station to station , i know that there are several options ,but am looking for the best way to go, i have done this with the mitel 200 and 3300 icp but never with nortel, the customer refuses to go with the bcm any advice would be appreciated

Nortel Gateway is compatible with the Nortel systems and will be the way to go. What V M system do you have on the Option - NAM or Call Pilot 4.0

i am still waiting on all of the info but my guy that is giving me the information, believed that it was meridian mail on the option 11, i am going to go myself and do site surveys on all the sites soon, thanks for the info ,nortel gateway is the way that we are going to go it looks like

I meant Meridian Mail instead of NAM on the Option switch. Check to see what software release your Option switch has while you're looking at it

i will check, i thought that was what you meant, it may be a few days before i can get up there ,the main site is in mississippi and i am in sw florida, thanks for the help

have you thought about mck extender 7000's it seamlessly links to the option switch the only problem is the norstar
phones would have to go ,there is always the option of
upgrading to mics 6.0 and linking with t-1's or voip t-1's

we are looking into this scenario as well i am finding out more info as we go along i am going off of second hand info and have not been able to get to any of the sites myself i am scheduled to get there next week ,when i think i have the right info i am finding that the tech that is checking things out is giving me wrong info, i found out today that there is 40 sites and we will be installing mics's in all of the satellite sites the main site has an X11 with meridian mail i still am not sure which rel. of software (in the x11),we will be installing new norstars with the latest software at all of the remote locations,i appreciate any feedback anyone has given (or will give ) when i get all of the correct information i will post again , thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back