Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tyan Trinity s1854 400 Motherboard :) The cpu :( boo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Someone please help me. I just got this motherboard from a friend and I know that it works because i have been on his computer before. So my problem is he sold it to me and I got another cpu for it (370 socket) and he used a slot 1. Well I set the jumpers right and also all the led lights come on but on powerup i get no VGA or Beep Codes. Now i tried to reset the bios that didnt work. I got new things for this motherboard soundcards memory, the works. But one thing i tested was the heat ont he cpu. It stayed at room temp it didnt even get warm and that was a last resort after everything else. So yea thats my problem the thing doesnt even post. someone please help me and fast. My email is at vetoso@yahoo.com. I called the people where i got the cpu from and they said that it should work because they sell my type of motherboard and that it should be compatible with it but i think that something is just deathly wrong with it. thats all

Did you slant the heatsink when puttnig it on? You may have ended up craking the core. Look close at the cpu for chips or cracks.

Are you hooking to an at or atx power supply? What are you using for a 370 cpu? Does this mobo have both slot1 and 370
socket on board? What are you using for memory?

Does your board have jumper JP21 for selecting slot 1 or PPGA-370? If it does you will have to open it.

Dave Tugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back