Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

.txt File Import

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieMike73

Programmer
May 17, 2002
US
I have had a couple of ODBC errors connecting to Oracle with MS Access so have decided to import into Oracle from a txt file instead.

But now I need to find out how to do this, can someone please help me - I have full Administrator access - if that matters.

Thnx.

Assuming 8.x or above - please provide Oracle version if you want accurate info...even tho' the forum is 8 and 8i they are different so we need to know

Export your data as a delimited file ..
Use SqlLoader to load that file into your Oracle
instance.
( see Oracle Utilities Docs for details)

Prior to the actual loading you need to precreate the tables that you are loading in a schema you want to use, check for MEMO fields in Access and redefine them as either Varchar2 ( if less than 4000K) or CLOBs and otherwise check for incompatibilities.

The better way may be to use the Oracle Migration Assistant.

[profile]

I posted the same question, nobody answered. I figured it by my self. If you use ASP/VBSCRIPT/FSO, if you still need an answer, I have an answer. let me know.
chinnababu@mail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back