Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TWTC - looking for opinions on their voice service 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilroy

Technical User
Jan 18, 2005
US
We have a 150 seat call center, AVAYA G3SI v11.3, 7-T1 voice DS1's, 2 ISDN's. . Currently we have 450 dedicated toll-free inbound numbers & a small outbound team on a predictive dialer. It is time to review our contract with our voice service provider. We are looking at Time Warner Telecom as a replacement. It appears they have reliable service, good pricing, and offer an easy option for adding capacity (both voice & internet) At least that is what I read online & hear from the sales rep.

Just looking for reviews & opinions from anyone in a similiar business that has used TWTC services. I know they will provide references but I want the unbiased opinion.
I am putting my job on the line. thanks!!

The last line says it best. Time Worthless (tm) has no sense of customer service. They can't respond very well to your pleas for service when all your lines go down at 10PM on a Friday night.

Better to look into a T-1 solution from anyone else but Time Worthless. At least you get put to the front of the bus if the T goes down.

LkEErie

If it's that critical, you should really be looking at multiple providers. You'll find people ready to praise or slam on any provider out there, the best way to protect your traffic (and therefore your business and your job) would be to spread it out over multiple carriers.

I like the suggestion of multi-providers but the company is not really open to using two or more carriers. I do plan to try to sell the idea but it is not likely to fly around here.

We understand the risk of having a single provider. My goal at this point is to find feedback specific to TWTC.

It sounds like LKEERIE has issues with their customer service. Was that a one time thing & how long ago did it happen? I did call some local references and they responded with all positive comments from implementation to daily customer service. Any other opinions about Time Warner?

Thanks for the responses!

No, I've had several reports of poor service to residential customers. Personally, my RR service has been the victim of poor customer service, but I have not had a problem after I suggested that they take my broken cable modem back(ie it was going to be broken if they didn't exchange it), and generally I give them high marks for "up-time".

In a mission critical industry, I think I'd use a T-1/PRI trunk instead of cable modem service. Yes, it costs more, but that's the insurance that you will get priority service when it comes to down time.

Just my $.02

LkEErie

We had a local CLEC that was aquired during the dot com boom. When the new owners over built, and lost it, Time Warner bought them out and cherry picked their customers. TWTC is still a player here, for businesses only, providing either T1's or T1's into IAD's to replicate the customer's POTS lines from the ILEC.

Perhaps becuase we are a small market, they seem very responsive to customer service. I've had good experiences porting numbers to their IAD's, and good response to a one-way transmission issue on an IAD.

Like any CLEC, it can go either way

Thanks & Good information, we do have hundreds of numbers to port over. We have 9 T-1's to the PBX and 1 internet T1.

TWTC has the Ethernet Internet service; which is a big factor in considering their service. Also, we are located in a building directly on their fiber optics network, with a sonet already in place. I appreciate all responses.
Any opinions from people in the call center business with T1 or T3 services & the Ethernet Internet.

PS - looking foward to jumping bandwidth from 1.5 Mg to 10MG.

I have about 1000 numbers currently on AT&T and am planning for 09 to port all of them over to Time Warner. All of our WAN and internet currently ride TWC and we have had no problem with them at all.

Perfection is expected, Excellence is Tolerated

Time Warner Telecom and Time Warner cable are two different companies. Both will sell dial tone and data services. In different areas customer service will probably vary. In Rochester, NY they are pretty responsive to problems but often drop the ball on turn up dates. IMHO.

They are been great in Memphis for the past 7 years for me.
Maybe slow getting things going but great after that.

I suspect LkEerie is talking about Time Warner Cable not Time Warner Telecom. TWTC does not service residential customers only businesses. The name makes distinguishing the two separate difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back