Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Two unrelated continuous forms on one form? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbbriggs

MIS
Jun 24, 2003
US
Does anyone know if it is possible to have one form displaying data from two different tables, both in continuous form style? The two underlying tables are unrelated, but I want to display both side-by-side at the same time, and allow users to scroll through both (independently). I don't think it's a subform issue because the two tables are not related. Is there possibly a way to insert something like a page break (with the two continuous forms on separate pages), but still show both pages at the same time (side by side)?

I have searched through both the Access forms and VBA tips, to no avail.

Thank you.

Create a form for each table and them includ them both as subforms in a third form (with no recordsource) (used as a container only).

:)

Boy, I was trying to make this much more complicated than it actually was! Once I made my subforms into continuous forms, it worked fine. I had only ever used subforms for a one-to-many relationship (not unrelated tables). Thanks, simco, for pointing out the simplicity of the situation.

:~/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back