Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

two step covarage path terminated at AAM: wrong Greeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

LJDirk

Programmer
Jun 14, 2002
DE
Hi Tek-Tips, following Problem:

Routing for incoming calls at ACM 7.1 with AAM 7.0:
Extension xx -> after 5x ringing -> Coverage Path 202 -> Step one: h98 -> ring after 5x -> Step two: r95

h98 = HUNT 98 = caller allocation to 3 participants / longest free user
r95 = Coverage Remote to AAR phone number for Aura Messaging

Now the AAM plays the wrong greeting: "please enter the mailbox number..." instead of "this is voicemail from John Wick" (the originally called extension xx)

On which wheel do I have to turn that the first called extension xx is recognized as voicemail box?

In the trace (list trace) I can see that the HUNT 98 appears as an unanswered number (no answer hunt-group 98).
With a Covarage Path without HUNT in between (Step one: r95) it works without problems and appears in the trace as expected: no answer station xx

Thanks

Obviously it is of eminent relevance, that I this, what you celeprate, not optimally effective assume, since the integrate of you in the communicative system as code related terms with me no explosive associations in mental-empirical reproduction process of the mind.

Any reason you're not covering to voicemail through a hunt group? I feel like there's an option somewhere in sys-param features or coverage forwarding for this case, but I feel like you're making life more complicated than it needs to be by not covering to voicemail through a hunt group. CM probably has some magic for when you cover to that hunt group as a 1st,2nd, 3rd, etc choice that it'll retain and provide the information for the original called party to make their voicemail pickup.

Hi, all 10 (i think) HUNT Gruops for VM are "full". There is an Customer with 19 Locations and diffrent VM Numbers. Therefor i go over Coverage remote.

Obviously it is of eminent relevance, that I this, what you celeprate, not optimally effective assume, since the integrate of you in the communicative system as code related terms with me no explosive associations in mental-empirical reproduction process of the mind.

There's a limit to the number of hunt groups in a system, but nothing stops you from having 19 locations, 19 voicemail pilots, 19 hunt groups and 19 coverage paths all go to the same AAM with 19 sites configured with those 19 pilot numbers. Regardless, you shouldn't be hitting voicemail via a remote coverage point.

Hi, thank you for the info.
Unfortunately, I've only been involved with ACM for nine months.
Can you briefly show me how I can implement this? For each HUNT group to the AAM I have to enter the AAM Pilotnumber (I think on page 2 of the HUNT group settings). Where did I make the mistake of thinking?

Exactly: i can only create 10 "sip-adjunct" HUNT Groups for using to access the AAM.

How many voicemail systems do you have, and what versions?

I mean, voicemail design can get pretty complicated if you want to go all out with it. Otherwise, I've had plenty of customers happy with 1 pilot, 1 site, and thousands of users across the country using that while we do attendant stuff in CM vectors.

Off the top of my head, I want to say that if it were the same AAM that it might not even care what pilot you come in on to leave a message. I mean, I can be me in site 1, call into voicemail and log in to my mailbox and press 1 to send a message and dial a mailbox number of someone in site 2 or anywhere else on the system. If that's the case, then perhaps 1 voicemail hunt/coverage path would suit everyone just fine to deliver their calls to voicemail. Still, if you have a user on site 2 with pilot 555-1002 and cp2 on hunt 2 with extn 555-1002, then giving that set cp1 on hunt 1, 555-1001 might make voicemail answer sad/with site 1 prompting to enter a mbx number because that user isn't on site 1. Give it a try - what if you change someone's coverage path to another pilot - can you still leave them a message?

I think the problem you're running into with your voicemail hunt groups is that you're hitting an upper CM system limit for "how many different voicemails can send me lamp updates". I have a hard time thinking there's 19 different voicemail systems!

Now, noone here wants to send you on a mission to redesign an extremely complicated voicemail system. I'm tending to think your design is overly complicated not because of a business requirement but because someone just went about adding things as it grew and it all worked till it didn't.

Presuming AAM:
read up on Sites and Topology p 112.

To me, a site is a thing with a pilot number (and consequently a hunt group in CM with said pilot) that has a combination of languages available, dialing rules, and autoattendant. Do you have Reach Me and Notify Me in 19 places with 19 different local calling areas and enforce Reach Me to 'local' numbers relative to the user's mailbox that is outdialing to their cell? If not, maybe you don't have a reason for 19 sites in AAM!

Regardless, AAMs auto-attendants have an option to include only people within the same site or be system wide. I feel like this whole thing of building out all these 1:1:1 configs could be for the autoattendants - it's the only thing that jumps out as being easily configurable to be different.

I think your best bet might be to explore and figure out why someone would have tried to configure it that way and work backwards to figure out what's simple and makes sense for your use case. If you're all US, all English, maybe 19 CM vectors for the main numbers for the 19 sites to press 1 for Sally and 2 for Sales might be all you need to justify AAM being 1 site with 1 pilot and coverage path.

Hi, thank you very much for your statement.
The system consists of only one VM server (AAM 7.0). The challenge for us was that an existing system (with 19 individual PBX systems and 19 different VM phone numbers) was upgraded to a central ACM system with 19 LSP. Thus we have started to map the individual VM phone numbers via single HUNT groups. When the 10 were full, we continued with remote coverage.
As they say: afterwards you are always smarter..... I'm going to read... :)
Thank you again.

Hmm. It's odd that you'd have started with 19 systems consolidated into 1 with that VM design when CM only supports 10 MWI hunt groups.

I'm not sure what the easiest way is to change the sites on all the users to flatten to 1 if that's where you want to go.

If you want to keep AAM as is...
Perhaps you could try a location-based AAR to make the 1 hunt group work - something like hunt group extn 5000, and in aar analysis for location 1, 5000 hits route 501, and that route goes to SM for voicemail, but strips the 5000 and inserts 5001. In location 2, 5000 maps to route 502 and replace with 5002. If your pilots happened to be for site 1,5001 and site 2, 5002, then that could be one way to keep AAM as-is, and use 1 hunt group, but still send to the different pilots. AAM may care about answering with a site1 user's greeting if it came in the site 2 pilot, but I doubt CM will care if a MWI signal came from the same AAM thru the same SM to turn the lamp on/off for a particular extension. You could change a user's site in AAM and reset MWI from the user page and see if CM cares, I doubt it will.

That location-based AAR approach would have it's downsides - namely that depending on coverage-forwarding options, the chosen 'location' for those calls might be from the originating trunk (hopefully a PRI where the user lives if you're not central SIP) or the location of the user's station - which for IP stations is whatever region they're registered to - so, if they're not registered, you might follow the location of procr and not pick the right route to substitute in the right pilot.

If you want to flatten to 1 site...
SMGR lets you change the user's site - so maybe a full export of your users and replace the site might be enough to change that - or, a bulk change with ASA directly to AAM.

Still, I don't know how many features you use in AAM like outdialing for Reach Me or Notify Me. If you do, and if you care to keep people only doing that local and not long distance, while on 19 sites around the country, then AAM needs big permissions to dial out and then those sites are used to slim down the permitted dialing for users within that site. All old school stuff to secure against people using too much long distance. If you're up for an adventure, give it a shot with lots of backups first.

If you use a partner, maybe ask why they did that in the first place and what they'd like to do/charge/suggest to clean it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back