Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Two sites to be connected

Status
Not open for further replies.

IS-IT--Management
Jun 14, 2004
US
We have couple of sites we connected using VPN tunnels and use VOIP between. It works great.All of them are either 406 and 412.
Now, we have 2 new sites that need to be independent from above mentioned and don't need any analog or digital station features(ports). The requisit on both is that they need to support T1 or E1 lines and VOIP. Both should have an acounting feature. Also if it is possible to have some kind of a feature where user can call in on one number and supply the user code and password and then dial a number. Accounting will play a role of letting us know where the call went and how long and other goodies. Dependign of the number called, unit will decide which way and which PRI should this call be routed too. Expanssion is prefered. Please let me know if there is a device from Avaya or someone else that can do this. Also, firewal, NAT and VPN is a plus. Supporting T1 or E1 with out external CSU/DSU is a plus. Thanks in advance. I was planning using 2 406 units but is bit of a over kill as I don't have any use for the digital unit ports and lan switch of that size. also pots are not needed.

Sounds like a big waste. The accounting is tough, as you don't have any users entering the account codes to be considered agents. VMPro would let you dial into an AA and then dial out to another number. Think it would be easier just to forward or port the numbers to another site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back