Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Two seperate Internet connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

max8699

IS-IT--Management
Nov 14, 2006
AU
Hi All,
OK I have a school which has 2 seperate domains, 1 for staff\ teachers and one for students. I'm installing a new Server and merging the two domains into one domain. Is there a way i can send the teachers out through one internet connection and the students out the other either via policy or a script? The servers are 2003, and the internet connections are on different subnets 192.168.9.x and 192.168.0.x

Regards
Max
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Look into classes in DHCP. You can assign different info, such as gateways to different classes. Been a while since I've looked at it.

This assumes that the only thing outside of the local subnet is Internet access.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

Thanks Pat looks like the way to go I'll have a play and see how it goes

Regards
Max
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back