Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Two Scenes 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GUJUm0deL

Programmer
Jan 16, 2001
US
I just made a text explode effect (which works great), but now i'm trying to add a fading image effect on it also...but its not going the way I had hoped...
The text explode works but the image fade doesn't go...this is what i've done:

1) Scene 1, created many layers for the text explode effect...
2) Scene 2, I have the the image fade effect (with the help of billwatson)...

But when I run the SWF file, only the text explode works, not the image fade...why??
I think its because the text explode works on a timeline so maybe that's causing the problem, but that is why i've made the image effect on scene 2, shouldn't that make it work??
Thanks for the help...

Forget the Nobel Peace prize, I just want to take over the world!! [hammer]

cant tell from the question whats wrong. are you targeting the image correctly ? post your code or better still the fla.

billwatson, how do you taget the image correctly??
I did the exact same thig as the other post (the one with the image fading), and all I did after that was add a text explode and that's it...
I'll see if I can post the .fla

GUJUm0deL, If you want to post the file, you can do it on my forum. I am curious about this effect. The forum is located at
You can post the file there. PS, what version of Flash?

Thanx!
Mike

billwatson, if I were to email you the .fla file(s) do you think you can look into it??
I tired everything even created a new scene didn't help either...
Let me know if I can email you...

billwatson, I just emailed you the files.
The email should have 2 .fla files, 2 .swf files and 3 image (jpg) files...
Thanks for the help...

ok i have your files.....ill take a look soon as i get a chance and get back to you.

I was thinking that if you put a stop() on the first scene, and then on the end of the text exploding effect put a gotoAndPlay() with the scene name for scene two as the reference, that that will work. Then at the end of scene two you will need to also put a stop(). That way the text effect only works on the first scene. I have a feeling that the text effect is also playing during the second scene. I haven't looked at the .fla, so I couldn't know for sure, but that is what it sounds like.

Hope I could be of any help.

easiest solution i found was just to ignore scenes save each as swf and play those swf into empty clips in a third swf. worked fine.

billwatson, I just emailed you back...that is the effect I am going for...

FlashMax, both text explode and image fade will work at the same time...

billwatson, I got it. Thanks. Flash is fun...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back