Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Two queries for one report?

Status
Not open for further replies.

laina222

Technical User
Sep 7, 2001
US
Just a general question - if you have more than 255 fields to display on one report, is there a way to have two queries and/or tables display on the report?

Break the data up into logical groups and use sub reports.

Can you be more specific, if possible? My Access knowledge is limited and I don't know anything about sub reports, or is there a link you could give me?

Thanks for your help!

I imagine that the data you are trying to place on the report comes from multiple tables. Create a query for each group of data (logical groupings) like place address info into one query and sales data into another or whatever. Then create a report for each query (sub group of data). REMEMBER one thing all the queries must have at least one common element that will allow you to connect them back togeather again. A common ID number or something. Then after all the individual reports have been created creat one more report that comtains at the least the the common element or ID number. then drag each of the previuosly created reports on to this report via the subreport icon on the tool bar. Set up your master/child link on the properties sheet for the subreport and run the main report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back