Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Two LAN's !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pakiyabhai

Technical User
Jun 3, 2002
IN
hello

i have winxp instlled on a comp which is a part of a LAN which login into a WinNT server(DLINK network card) , now for internet purpose i had to install another network card into this computer and on to that comes internet(ACCTON network card) , everything's working fine expect for

1. Printers to a computer on MY network(DLINK) has become very very very slow , it takes 5 min to print a page , i have to click on print , wait 2-3 min for the next OK screen to show up and then again 2 min for it to print , sometimes it just hangs .

On this computer Win98 is ALSO installed , which prints without any problem

2. I noticed that in my network neighbourhood ppl of other network(that is those who have taken my internet services also started showing up) , now I have sharing on THIS lan , how do i prevent em to pick up anythin from mine. USE passowrd ???

thanx ,any help will be appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back