Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Two Icon Appears for One Application in Control panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

raja1234

Programmer
Apr 9, 2003
US
When Install my MSI application,It is creating Two Icons In
Add/Remove Programs.Why this is happening?I wanted to Remove this.What Should I do?Please suggest me.

You are not removing the previous application that is why you get 2 icons.

Hi,

I found the problem.The reason My source has one msi file which has one product Id.After I packaged My msi file has one product Id.When I have one product Id I get one Icon appear in the Control Panel.

Regards,
Nallaraja.

I too end up with 2 icons on the Pocket PC desktop after an install. When I re-install over the top, I end up with another icon. Each has a (n) subscript added to the application... as in the n-th copy.

I'm a real rookie. Can anyone point me in the right direction for writing my installer properly?

Also, when I install, I point to the fact that I want it inn the start menu, and it doesn't show up there. It does on PPC 2002 devices, but not 2003 devices.

Any help?

You probably have captured uninstall info in the registry under HKLM\Software\YourSoftware|Uninstall or something like that. To make sure that this is the issue, go to the Add/Remove Programs section of the Installation expert and check the "Do not display in Add/Remove Progs" radio button. Compile and install. If you see anything in Add/Remove progs, it means u have unwanted entries in your registry. Go hunting, take them out, then when you have cleaned it all out, recheck the "display in Add/Remove" radio button.

===>
kip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back