Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Two exch orgs on the same network

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkleeman

IS-IT--Management
Jun 30, 2001
GB
OK, I can't believe that I can't work out how to do this, but I have scoured the help info and I am none the wiser.

I have two separate Exch organisations on the same 100 Mb/s network, for completely separate companies. I want to connect them with directory synchronisation and have them exchange mail over the network. At the moment they are sending mail out over the internet to each other!

One is 5.5 and the other is 2000 in mixed mode.

How do I do this?

Daniel

MS makes something called the InterOrg Tool. Sometimes it works. Don't know if it is meant for 5.5 to 2000. Compaq has a $20,000 tool called LDSU. Regular directory export/imports.
For mail: if both were 5.5, IMS Connections tab, Specify by email domain, Forward to host to each other's ip address. Must be able to do the same thing with 2000, but I don't know how. X.400 is another option.

All these suggestions are great. Thanks a lot.

As a point of interest, I was diverted from the X.400 solution by a help page that said that the X.400 connector should only be used for connecting to a real X.400 system.

Daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back