Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Two email domains on one server

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcputer

IS-IT--Management
Dec 3, 2002
CA
I have one Exchange 5.5 server on my network serving 5 of our 6 stores. Our 6th store has a different name and we don’t want the general public to know that we are related. At present we are using an ISP to host the email for this other store.

I would like to be able to host the two stores (domains) on the same Exchange server. I understand I can do this but I don’t know how.

The emails from either domain must not show the domain name or the other; i.e. fred@bogus.bigboss.com where bogus and bigboss are the two separate domains.

All users should be able to use the same GAL.

Can this be done?

Yes it is actualy quite easy.
Open up exchange administrator> go to Configuration > Connections > Internet Mail Service > Routing Tab
Click Add type in your domain name and select the the first radio button. (Should be excepted as inbound)

Dont forget after you do that to change the MX record for that domain so it points at your exchange server or you will not be able to recive mail.

Tip of the Day:
Look both ways before crossing the street.

Thank you for the info, man that was fast.

I have one problem with this. If I turn on Routing, won't I get into trouble with the "Email Police" telling me I have an open relay and to close it within 10 days or risk being black baled?

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back