Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Two domains, One IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

phishe

MIS
Apr 16, 2002
US
Here's my situation, I'm wondering if this is possible with the PIX 501.

I have two registered domains both pointing to the same static IP address. My internal network has two webservers,

Server1 running Apache at 192.168.1.5
Server2 running IIS at 192.168.1.6

Is it possible to have the PIX sort requests for each domain and point them to the different servers?

For example...
points to 192.168.1.5
points to 192.168.1.6

Thanks in advance.

HI.

The pix does not have this option.

However, IIS has the "Host Header" option that can do that in some way, that will redirect to the apache server using a virtual web site.

But you should better go to the simplest way - change DNS so that each web site will use a different ip.

Bye
Yizhar Hurwitz

I would think not unless you can configure your servers to listen on different ports (ie. 80 for one and 81 for the other) or you could say that requests for one or the other would come from a specific block of ip addresses.

--
Ed McLaughlin, MCP
Senior Software Engineer

I've thought about using the host header redirection to the Apache server, but I heard that it is not compatible with all browsers.

Was hoping to get by with only one IP since I have a residential cable account, may have to upgrade to the business service to receive another IP.

Thanks for the advice!

P.S. the PIX 501 is the best firewall I've worked with yet!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back