Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TWO DOMAINS ON ONE COMUTER? 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

soloxis

MIS
Feb 11, 2002
AU
HI,
HOW CAN I CONFIGURE TWO DOMAINS ON MY COMPUTER? I HAVE TWO NETWORK ADAPTERS, WITH TWO DIFFERENT IP ADDRESS. I NEED AFTER CTRL-ALT-DEL SEQUENCE TO HAVE THE POSSIBILITY TO SELECT DOMAIN1 OR DOMAIN2, WITH SPECIFIC PASSWORDS FOR EACH DOMAIN. NOW I HAVE WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL, AND WE HAVE TWO DOMAINS WITH WINDOWS 2000 SERVER.

I'd be interested if anyone can answer this - as I thought you could only belong to one domain at a time with XP (though should be able to see other one).

You need to setup a trust relationship between the two Win2K servers. You should then get a drop-down box at the login prompt to choose which domain you wish to login to. "Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people."

--Admiral Hyman G. Rickover

I should add..

The reason for this is you can only be a member of one domain at a time but if each domain "trusts" each other they will be able to authenicate users on both domain

"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people."

--Admiral Hyman G. Rickover

knporter's suggestion is the way to go, though I have heard that there are apps out there that will allow Windows 2000/XP pc's to belong to more than one domain having separate SSIDs.

I don't know any off-hand, but it would be great if anyone out there with more familiarity could share a couple names with us.
~cdogg

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
- A. Einstein

Hi

I was wondering if you were able to solve the issue.i have a similar question .Firstly i have just one network card.I would like my user to get 2 domains listed in the drop down list say domain 1 and domain 2. He would be logging on at these locations at different times(While travelling).The issue now is that everytime the user goes form one location to the other the settings are changed .This consumes a lot of time.Please let me know if you have any info about this.

Thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back