Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

two different line pools

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsaad

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2002
US
Customer has R11, analog trunks, in standard mode, we dial 9 for an outside line. I need a select group of extension when they dial nine to go out line pool 1, rather than line pool 0. Can/should that be done from user groups/short code? What would you recommend?

you need to have several things programmed to get this done

1. lines have to have different outgoing line ID's (0 and 1)
2. you have to have 2 different ARS tables (1 pointing to outgoing Line ID 0 the other one to 1)
3. user shortcode for the group of people that are not using the system dialout 9 has to have a 9N shortcode that points to the ARS with the other line ID

Then you can add the ARS as failover to the other ARS and vice versa so that everyone can still make outgoing calls even if their preferred line ID is completely taken up.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

You know I put in the user group short code 91N Line Group 1 and I think I was sending an extra 1 to the telco causing an error message. Was that my problem? I think so. I do not have two different ARS tables. I will have to try again Monday.

Sounds good.

I never send calls out a line ID directly but that is just my pet peeve to control calls better.

Good luck on Monday

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back