Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Two calls at the Same time in the Agent Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

asim78

Technical User
Apr 1, 2008
SD
Dear All

Good evening ihave IPCC 7.1 call manager 4.2.3 cvp 3.1 as call center it is working fine but receantly we are facing strange problem, while agent is talking another call is appeared in the ip phone(7940) as waiting it counted as missed call idont know is it bug or some thing in the call manager

please advice

its probably someone calling their extension and not coming from the queue.
IPCC only prevents a 2nd call to go to the agents line if it is busy. It does not prevent another user that bupasses the queue to ring the agents phone.
i see this all the time and I can guarantee this is what happenning

Thanks for reply , it isnt from some one call this Extension its from out side and i checked it the caller ID from Cutomer!this appeared one month ago and not always

please advice

So did the outside line come in via the ipcc or through a DID?

[americanflag] Go Army!
Tek-TIP Member 19,650

just because the call came from outside doesn't mean it came from an IPCC queue. Either the customer called the agent directly or he got transfered to the agent by someone else.
I guarantee you this is NOT an IPCC issue and you will save yourself a lot of time and headache if you look into the explanation I gave above.

that's the reason I dont give our agents their own extension. I have a 7906 with a DID on the center desk, just in case their family calls with a problem.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply

DID feature is not Enable,i checked many time ,we have one number to Access our call center.

what about a call transfered by another user to that agent?
Have the agent answer the 2nd call and ask specific questions, as where the call came from (transfered or directly from a queue).
Even better next time this happens pull a CDR trace and you will see where the 2nd call is coming from.
I have never seen this being an IPCC issue as this is a fundamental feature of a call center.
However you seem to be certain that this is IPCC causing this, which would be a bug in the code. I suggest a TAC case as CISCO would be the only one that could fix a major code error like the one described here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back