Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Two auto-attendants

Status
Not open for further replies.

EddieGomez

Technical User
Sep 4, 2007
VE
Hi, folks,

Meridian 11c, Rls 3.0, CP 201i

One of our customers merged its company with another one, but they wish to have two independent auto-attendans. I am asking for help of how to configure this second auto-attendant on the CP and what programming is needed on the switch, I have a vague idea of what is needed to perform this but any help will be extremely appreciated...

Thanks in advance,

EddieG

If you are going to use a different number, you can copy the first one, except for the specific items you want to be different (ie option 1 goes to 1234 instead of 4321) and of course the name of each block etc.
If you want to use the same number, you will have to figure out a place to put in another menu block so your greeting can give the callers a choice of company A or B then add in your options to the caller as a new branch, it is simple drag and drop. You can test a new set up by programming a dummy number that will call the new AA and allow you to test all your options before going live with it.
If you can follow the first AA through, you should be able to program the new one with few problems.

Yes, those are two auto-attendants of different companies, using the same CP and Meridian switch and I won´t use the same number. External User dials XXXX-000 and redirects to the actual auto-attendant which is already configured, another user dials XXX-0001 which redirects to the second Attendant not yet configured and of course is totally different from the first one

set up a different greeting, table and ccr tree. go into aa then lines and change the table to the table you set up for the second co. make sure you change the controll set for these line in pbx programming under services.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back