Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

twining on server edition seems broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

nothingworks101

Programmer
Aug 14, 2008
US
I can add the info into manager and call the ext and it works, but if I press the twining button it turns off and I cant turn it back on. it say invalid feature on the screen of the phone. any thoughts?

its release 9, so I thought it was available for everyone, but the user who is trying it is setup as a power user.

Sorry if I am wrong, but I thought not on essential edition? Avaya change their minds that often with licensing, it becomes a mine field [smile]

I assume though with a Power User you are using preferred anyway.

Not to be a solution, but just to test what you get, what happens if you use short codes to turn it on and off? Does that work?

I have seen this happen when a IPO500 expansion loses connectivity to the primary server (where the server edition licenses reside)... what happens then is that the IPO500 ends up running minus even an essential license (depends on whether the IPO was originally built with an essential license or not... if it's a brand new addition, there's no reason to get an essential license if it's going into server edition).

Anyway, if this happens, twinning stops working.

Happened to me twice, when customers have made routing changes that stop one site or another from effectively reaching the primary server, and being able to pull licneses. traffic was one way only on those links... I don't remember which wway off the top of my head.

You can check this by logging into the various sites (primary and the IP500 in question, if that's where the issue is), and checking under status / SCN licenses and also Small Community Networking.

GB

the short code worked to turn it off or on, but new calls wont ring both devices. but after you answer the call I can press the twining button and the call will be sent to my cell. if pressed again it goes back to the Avaya phone.

the setup is 1 primary server, 1 secondary server, with 2 ip 500's. all same site. 2 pri in each ip 500. all phones registered to primary server.

This is a bug, ask you Disrty for the IP Office SE Core Patch 9.0.8.1 or upgrade to 9.0 2Q2014 SP or later.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

I have no issues twinning on server edition R8.1 using programmed buttons on the phones. I second the R9 bug theory.

I have seen this too but thought it had to do with the one-x mobile app.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

thanks, I was on web chat with Avaya and they didn't want to give me the software to upgrade because he said he couldn't find this as a know issue. that he thought it was a config issue on my part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back