Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Twin View has dissapeared

Status
Not open for further replies.

adammaneu

Technical User
Jan 19, 2003
GB
I upgraded my Nvidia video driver and now the "Twin View" panel under "display" has completely dissapeared. And I can't get it back.
Any ideas, please?
Thanks, Adam.

I'm guessing you downloaded the latest driver from nVidia's Web site...I am using nVidia's video driver version 40.72 under XP (same driver for 2000 and XP). Opening Display Properties, Settings tab, Advanced button, brings me to yet another series of tabs. Clicking on the tab for my nVidia card presents me with a window showing card and DLL properties. Attached to this window, on the left-hand side, is a list of card options that when clicked open other windows. I think the one you are looking for is titled nView Display Mode. The list opens automatically for me, however it can be closed (contracted). In this case, there is small arrow on the left to open it again.

Hopefully this isn't too muddled for understanding. I'd love to be able to insert a picture of the dialog box, but haven't figured out how to do that..

Many thanks. The reply was clear, no probs. However, my nVidia tab opens up pure white, completely blank. After about a minute a single "OK" button appears in the middle towards the top. Nothing else at all! If I click the button nothing happens.
My wife has the same laptop as me, same system software, same driver, same problem!
Any further thoughts?
Yes, I've written to nVidia but no, they didn't reply!
Many thanks,
Adam

Though it doesn't solve the problem of what's wrong, nVidia maintains an archive of older drivers at:

Perhaps your older version is listed here? Hopefully that'll get your Twin View back again.

What type of nVidia chipset (adapter) are you using, and what version of driver did you recently apply that broke it?

The last couple releases from nVidia adds an nVidia nView Desktop Manager item in the Control Panel. Perhaps something there will help?

You have some options to do then...
1. Use the cd that came with the Graphics card.
2. Find the manufaturer of the card.
3. Or go back to nvidia.com and look for the old driver.

I dont know what card you use so i cant help more than this.

Good luck
:)

I sorted out the twin view part of the problem. It was simply that before installing the new driver you have to completely uninstall the first. I hadn't done that. Once I totally nuked the old driver, the new one went in fine and twin view (now nView) is back and working.
So now I'm just left with the wierd and infuriating problem that Windows always boots up in a small screen in the middle of the monitor (centered output). Every time I switch the machine on I have to go to twin view, then output device, screen adjustment and finally "use display adapter scaling". The only other way around this is to use the resolution 1600x1200, which I don't want to do.
So ... any ideas on THAT one???!!!
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back